Sunday, February 1, 2009

Life is...

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"Every morning, when I wake up, I feel very sad about leaving.
Every evening, when I go to bed, I feel very excited about my next adventure.
During the day, I am crossed by a rainbow of feelings, triggered by my six senses: the view of a flower, a dog… the smell of BBQ along the road or of the tuna canneries… the laughter of a group of people, an acid remark at work or a nice one…
Everything is at its extremes. It is either “I am going to miss this so much”, or “I can’t wait not to have to deal with this anymore”.

This week has been a good one. SnowDave came down from (now cold and dark) Alaska to get a full recharge of vitamin D and it is great to have a piece from the past here right now. I have been busy and sickish, so I did not have a chance to take him out walking, but he was still able to enjoy lots of peace and sleep.

The highlights for him were (alas “what to do here for a week, if you are visiting”):

  • traditional umu at Tisa’s,
  • snorkeling,
  • coastal tour,
  • hike to Mt. Alava,
  • gnocchi night (29 of the month only)
  • Palagi Olympics.

The highlights for me were (“what to do here for a week, if you live here”):

  • 3 hours in the ER waiting room to get tetanus shot (then I entered in the room and I said that if they can give me the drugs, I could do the injection myself. That worked, because within 2 minutes I had my shot).
  • Resignation letter
  • More medicines for throat and ear pain
  • Gnocchi night (the 29 of the month)
  • Scuba diving
  • Palagi Olympics


Lucy and I

No comments: