Thursday, January 29, 2009

The rest of the world

“Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is mystery,

Today is a gift,
This is why it is called
PRESENT”

-The Kung Fu Panda-

It is 5:30 in the morning and outside the rooster are given their daily “chicchirichi” opera (if you were earing with an English ear, that this would be “kukurudoooluu” or something like that…). I am NOT going to miss this.
But I am going to miss all the rest. The music in the aiga buses, the blue of the coral waters, the bright colors of sunrises and sunsets, my neighbors singing on Sundays, the palagi e-mails, my office mate, my castle, wearing flip flop everyday…. This and more, I am going to miss….

I am getting ready to leave the island.

The decision was a bit immediate, at the same time well planned. It was not worth for me to stay here any longer if I would not have a possibility to grow professionally, and it seemed like all the new agency policies were made against my own interested. I am going to miss them, but it is their loss! I got the rest of the world!!!

Take Plan A out of the list, plan B, C, D and E are still quite valid!

I am leaving late February. The plan so far is quite exciting:

  • 3 days paragliding on the big island of Hawai’I (I had to do it, I need to go back on the wing!)
  • 3 weeks in Alaska backpacking, helping out a friend running the Iditarod, snowboarding, exploring, maybe paragliding more?
  • 4 days in San Francisco paragliding (well, if James Bond is there I may spend a couple of days with him as well…;-) )
  • 1 week in Las Vegas for a conference and for some backpacking in the desert
  • ???? so far my ticket ends in San Francisco…

I will have to come back on island eventually to finish collecting my data, sort my staff, and hike to the top of Mt. Silisili in Savai’I in Western Samoa and do a head stand there with Lisa, which is still on my “to do” list.

Italy is also waiting for me, it would be nice maybe to be there without pending tragedies. I could see my grandma and family, paraglide some more, cross the Alps east to west (any taker?). I am due for a visit with friends in Spain. Morocco and Egypt… I may as well go there for a while, since I will be on that side of the globe…

It is so exciting, it is all about me. It is sad, this place has been my home for 3 years now.
Stay tuned, because my blog is soon going to be “My life on the globe, sidetracked by few trips to American Samoa...”

...There is light outside now… I need to get ready for a day out on a boat on the north shore… can’t complain, can’t complain… ;-)

No comments: