Sunday, January 18, 2009

Serendipity

Serendipity: “the gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident”.

My life is truly filled with serendipity, but what I am really a master in is “passive serendipity”. People or events discover me just when I need them. I call it “my good star”, and I have faith in it.

This week has been a perfect example of serendipity:

  • My dog, Nala, was bitten and had a big cut on her leg: I had 3 veterinary sleeping in my house (the table is transformed into vet clinics, 3 stitches and 1 glass of wine);
  • I am having a bad time at work: 2 angles (Sea and Tom) that I love so much came down with Thursday flight and moved in with me to give me support and good advices;
  • I had a stressful week and I am low in chocolate: another friend write me an e-mail that is coming down to Pago on Sunday and he is bringing chocolate and good Latin music for me.
  • The last week of February is going to be a big confrontational week and will prematurely set the direction of my life: SnowDave chose this week to come down from Alaska and visit me!
  • I step on a very sharp glass and deeply cut my foot (and I do not want to go to the hospital and loose 4 hours to have it look at): ehi! The vets are in town! I get a full visit and medicine from them in 10 minutes.

How do I do it, I do not know; maybe it is just a positive way to look at life that makes me believe that things and people will work out in the best of the way. I won’t try to scientifically explain it, I just digging it!

No comments: