Thursday, January 15, 2009

plan D.... & E

Last week, I though I had my next year well figure it out (for the first time in my life I had a plan!). There were 3 possible outcomes, depending on how other people stars would align with mine (I will announce the lucky winner at the end of march, when I am back from the Idiratod in Alaska):
  • Plan A: go back to school through EPA. In this case, I would start taking classes on-line while finishing collecting data, and move to Oregon next year at the end of my contract;
  • Plan B: go back to school without EPA. In this case I will have to move to Oregon in fall to get a T.A. or G.R.A. to pay my tuition fees;
  • Plan C: do not go back to school, quit my job, and travel around the world for a year or so...

Then, 2 days ago, I received 3 e-mails, one from Spain, one from the States, one from Japan, all about the same job position. Effectively, the job seems perfect for me. So, I decided to add a Plan D:
  • Plan D: be a caretaker of the islands of the Great Barrier.
I would suggest you to apply as well! You can read everything about it at: www.islandreefjob.com
That said, if I make it to the top 50, you will have to vote for me! ;-)
And, why not, let me add plan E, just in case:
  • Plan E: you never know!!!

1 comment:

Ben said...

That looks like it would be pretty awesome! And probably a good fit for you as well. The application process is interesting as far as making a video of yourself. I have to admit that I like plans A & B, though, just because they both entail you coming back to Oregon;)