Friday, February 13, 2009

some other days...

Today I just feel like this. I want an hug. But tomorrow I am going to spoil myself at Gio's place. Italians, tropical rainforest, candles and cocunat oil.... And then explore a new place with Lucy. Few more hours...

Usually Jeremy is very good describing the absurdity or idiocrazy of Neverland (le mafuaga we also love it so much sometimes), but sometimes you are just not in the mood for it.

Lunch:

-“ok, so you pay $1 for the water, $1 for the juice, $4.50 for the sandwich, $6.00 for the burger…”. The waitress says as she looks blankly to me. Oh yes, she wants me to do the math: “so… I own you, let me see, $ 12.50, right?” “Right”, she says, taking the bills.

Paying a traffic ticket (the light of my truck was off one night):

“Did you fix the light”, the… I do not know what her job is… but you pay tickets to her… says.

“Yes, I did”. My proud answer (I changed it myself).

“is the car outside for me to check?”

“Yes”

“Uhmm.. is it hot outside?” (with a look like: "please tell me it is hot and that i should not go out for health reasons..")

“Well, yes, it is not like here in the A/C”.

“Yeah… It is ok (alas "I trust you, i won't go out to check on your truck..."). Just pay me the ticket… $10”. ($10 like anything else on this island: medicines? $10. Teeth work? $10. Doctor visit? $10. Blood analysis? $10.)

Paying bills:

No, actually, I cannot describe this. I still have to understand what happened there. I think most people all they know is that they need to be in the office sometimes in the day to enjoy the A/C. They have no idea of the kind of work they are doing. They all send you to see somebody else, unless you just stand there and say “No, thank, I will do it here, fa’mole mole”. Then explain step by step what they are supposed to do, where to click on the mouse…

10 more days... can’t wait to be homeless!



2 comments:

Adam said...

$10 medicines? Mine were $208 dollars for a pack of 100!

Unknown said...

Call me when you get stateside!
Karen