Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sausalito

I survived my long day in a coffee shop in San Francisco. Quite well, indeed, spending all day catching up with friends, I felt like I was never alone.
Tylor worked on his boat until late, and, terrified of being alone at nigh on a city roads with my backpack, i meet with Tylor's girlfriend and hang out with her for a while. At first I knocked at the wrong door; an old lady opened up and said she knew no Elly. "Oh, sorry to disturb you so late at night, I must have gotten the wrong address". She replied "Don't worry, I am actually happy it is you, I though it was the pervert again"....
Luckly Elly was next door and I did not meet the pervert. I instead met a group of young feminists, which can be quite an experience as well. And saw many many weird people on the street walking to Elly's house. I asked a coop to walk with us for a while. I saw a different San Francisco that night. Still fashinating, but I missed the old one.
I slept in a soft pinkish and fluffy bed that kept me prisoner until late next morning, and I started my new life chapter in this way.
The weather was great, so Tylor and I ran to Sausalito, which is a nice village on the bay, and it is where Tylor lives, on his boat. Gale, that means too much wind to go sailing, but a bike ride in town was great as well.(San Francisco on the background)
(How long does it take to equilibrate rocks on top of each other? ~5 minutes for this guy!)

(Tylor paddling away from his boat)
(sailing to shore next morning. Tylor's boat on the background)
Next morning the wind died, and we just hang out on the boat, getting ready for my next flight: Las Vegas.
I fighted Vegas for my first 2 days, but I am starting embracing it and actually having lots of fun. This is going to be interesting, I assure you!!!

No comments: