Friday, March 20, 2009

Airports and thanks!

I start enjoying airport waits. Airports are interesting places, people from all over going all over. I often always end up taking a drink (chocolate for me please) with a stranger, and it is always so fascinating. Schools should have field trips to airports to interview travelers and then share in the school the stories they collected.

Alaska was awesome. Even better than last time. Alaskans are within the friendliest people I ever met. The policeman that stopped 3 nights ago for speeding was friendly and showed me where I could buy ice-creams even if I did not have a valid insurance (Dave, where do you keep it???). The man at the shop used his friend’s phone number to give me a discount. The waiter at the Moose’s Tooth learned few phrases in Italian because he knew I would come back and he wanted to impress me. Not to mention the hospitality I received all these days!!!

Thanks Dave for the adventures a warm place to stay!

Thanks Dug, Rene', Zack and Sam for the fun and warm and tidy place to stay!!! ;-)!

Thanks Karin, Varan and Irene for being so cool and a warm place to stay together with the friendliest pitbull ever! ;-)!!!

You said that Alaskans are bears?

Varan, Irene, Greg, Theresa, Kristin and new comers Kassy and Arthur (he looks just like il conte Carlo!) all came with me at Moose’s Tooth for dinner. Thanks for the warm good bye! And the weekends! And thanks Greg for driving me around too!!! Alaska is cold place to live, but the atmosphere is surely always warm!

As for the Iditatod, while Lance Mackey won the gold (again!) with 15 dogs, my friend Karin is still on her way.(Karin at the Iditarod start. This picture was taken by Leanne Quirk, with sells them at http://www.onceinabluemoose.com/leanne/leanne.htm. Check the website out for more musher's pictures! They are so nice!!!! Thanks Leanne for sharing them with me and Karin!!!)

Varan and Irene kept me updated on her location and health. She is now on her way to White Mountain. One more stop in Safety, and then she will be in Nome as well. feel so proud of her, and it has been such an honor to be a little part of it… GO KARIN!!!!! (Photo by Leanne Quirk)

No comments: