Tuesday, September 30, 2008

James Bond is back...

As most of the islanders are in a state of continuous agitation over the coming election in the US (all my understanding, I wish I could vote too sometimes!), my attention goes to something that warms my heart more... James Bond is back on island.
I know you are probably expecting to hear a lot about it, but truth is, I feel quite speechless.
I even finished the chocolate, but I do not care. Who needs chocolate when there is such a sweet on island? I feel like I got it all: first a dream house, then a dog. I started my on-line class and I am learning lots of new interesting things about restoration. Now....
We had another awesome weekend together, nothing could go better. On saturday we kayaked to a deserted cove on the north side of the island and played Heaven.(He found this sea cave... the sea level change was at least a meter, in between the high and the low phase of the wave... wonderful!)

I guess the one million dollars question was: did I want a relationship with a not-honest man, or, did I want a not-relationship with an honest man? I chose the second option, and I can't feel wiser about it!
He is going to be here a bit longer (although he did leave for a shorter mission next island again), but next weekend we have planned another crazy long weekend that, if we will all survive, it is going to be hard to forget...

PS: and for the many that asked me if he is taller or not (which I was not sure), he is! yeah! ;)

Note for the islanders: Even if i start writing this blog for my friends back home (wherever that is), i know many of you are also reading the blog, and often wonder about events they may have missed. My ex-boyfriend (if I can call it, considering he now denies we ever had a "relationship" --- I am not talking about Paul which I love a lot--) wrote me the usual sweet (i am being ironic here) e-mail telling me how few people were concerned about what I wrote. Since most of you do not really know what happened, or anyway just heard one side of the story, please do not try to judge me or him as you are most probably missing some information. I did not want to label him as a generally "dishonest" guy, but in my experience I can say he did not express himself quite right. I had the relationship/honesty discussion once with my friends back home, and through this experience I finally decided on which side of the one million dollar question I want to stand. That was past, and let it stay there, island way! We are both extremely happy now, and that is the important thing!
And NO, we are definitly not going to have a public hearing about it! ;)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Where did you find the cave? And how did we miss it the first time?

... said...

If you are on the beach, it is on the righ hand side (east). But it is reachable only by kayaks; when we went there the first time we left the kayaks on the other beach... It is quite big! It is very deep so the waves do not brake in it, just enter, hit the wall, and roll back out... fun!

Anonymous said...

OMG you went to the Rose Atoll when you were in American Samoa! I wish you had pictures of it, none seem to exist outside of the satellites! If you weren't on a NOAA ship would you have been able to go?

... said...

Hi there! No, I have not been in Rose Atoll, I think you are right, the only way it is with a NOAA ship... I know many of the crew, but I think getting a ride there may be hard... The farther I have gone was Swains Island, which was quite an adventure as well! ;)