Saturday, April 4, 2009

wild salsa in Portland

The Rose City… my perennial second home, that is the place where I always come back to, especially when I do not have a home! In the last 10 years I definitely spent more time in Oregon than anywhere else and most of the stuff I own is stored here too.
I arrived in Portland on Monday night, and spent the week with Elly.
I lived happily in Neverland for the first year and an half, hiding for the last year and an half. As part of the process of welcoming the new life cycle (and considering I do not have furniture to rearrange), Elly and I worked on a change of look. So I cut my hair and went blonde. Which is freaking me out because I am not used to this anymore, but after the success of last night I really cannot complain.

After a rich dinner with Liz and more friends, Elly, Kristal and I went crazy salsa dancing, like in the old good days, accompanied by a team of 3 gorgeous Argentineans… ahhh… how I missed the Latin nights!

(I did not take any picture of the argentinian Diego brought along, but Elly and I had so much fun looking at how girls were just flying to them! Really amazing!)Myself, Elly, Kristal and Diego

Kristal and Diego, Ceasar and I.... wild dancing!

Liz and Tom came back few days ago from Ethiopia as well, and they are moving to New Jersey on Monday!!!! Buuuuuuu!!!! Here another piece of heart that is moving farther away from me! I drove down to Corvallis with her this morning, and I am now ready to meet the other Beavers here!

No comments: