Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day!

Elections in Italy are easier. Apparently, since 1945 there are been already 61 governments ("Pasta and fries".The Economist Volume 382, Number 8517 -February 24th -March 2nd 2007 Issue-), so we can say we have a lot of experience in it. That seems quite a lot to me too, but I have to recognize that in my life I saw many left-right-left-right government chances. Politics are just folklore, if you do not like somebody, you can have a rebellion (usually just big manifestation, drama, dinners and wine) and have somebody else on power. Easy. Thanks god we have tourisms and fashion and la bella vita.
In American Samoa the government changes about every 4 years (things like FBI investigations do not really matter, but heart attacks may although be influential).
In the US, elections are punctually every 4 years. They are very anal on this. And today in one of those big dates. Usually American president are white people with wife and kids. But this year is quite different, as there is a black guy (whose father was kenyan) and a woman (from Alaska, very young and bellicose). From a foreigner point of view I can only say that the world loved American when Clinton was in power (in Italy we felt very bad he had such a bad time about cheating on his wife... big deal!!!! That is his own private life! Not your business!). But when Bush went in power, gradually, everybody started disliking Americans. And he got in power twice! Amazing!
We say "to err is human, to keep on erring is diabolic".
I would like to see the US being a loved place again, mainly because I am planning to go back there to study and I do not want to hear again comments like "you are going to the US? Uff! How can you do it? With the politic? You are mad!" (PS: the animation "Team America" is quite genial if you haven't seen it).
A friend sent me this... http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikg6gj71U9k
I do not generally like doing politics... but I really hope people will be smart today!!
Now I better go... the candidates from here are offering free food to all the voter. Even here, it is illegal to pay voters with money, for offer free lunches is not....
And... can I say it? GO UTU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: