Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pictures from the week

The Nu'uuli Pala Lagoon
On Wednesday afternoon I went exploring the Pala Lagoon by Kayak with my intern to get some good pictures and data for my on-line class and restoration project. Wonderful peaceful place, if it wasn't for the swimming dog chasing you, just to get a bite... paddle paddle... fast!!!

Cookie Night Sometime middle week, Sara hosted a cookie party! So fun much fun! Thanks! I made the famous chocolate salami, like my grandma used to do, but the hot item was the fa'fafine ginger cockie man... And of course, Vailama bottles make the best rollers (mattarelli) ever!

EPA Christmas Party This is the kind of very useful clothing that the goverment present to us when we have to sing for the governor every Christmas... I could not stop taking my eyes off Aaron...EPA Christmas party! I love having dinner with all the team! This year there was an incredible amount of alcohol involved, so much that everybody had to take some back home to be finished during the weekend. A guy asked me for a dance and I accepted. Of course he asked me if I would sleep with him. I think samoan guys are pretty disrespectful and direct on this matter (or maybe it is because they know I do not have a big brother here ready to protect me...). Of course i said no. Then he said how he is a nice taro plantation, and pigs... "uhm size 2?" I asked laughing. "yes, yes! and then I have bananas and rosemery..." uhmm... the magic word... images of oven potatoes with garlic and rosemery crossed my mind... I would have ever imagine i could suddenly find a guy interesting because he has rosmery... luckily, I can still keep some sanity...

Poker NightSaturday: I hosted a poker night at my place. While i keep on loosing (which, given the circonstances, was very good, as we say, in Italy: "unlucky in the game, lucky in love"... I can't wait for the second part!), Jeremy keep on winning in amazing "gypsy power" ways. He attributed his success to the new colone he just bought containing "water, alcohol, desire cocktail" (as written on the box) which would annoying spray over himself on a regular interval. But i have to admit it worked. In this picture he just got "4 of a kind"...

1 comment: