Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Before I go

Before I go (leave the class to San Francisco) I wanted to mention something.
I recently finished the class on-line I was taking. Through it, I met very nice people and I hear lots of good words of encouragement. In particular, a quote from a fellow student hit my heart:

"Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes."

Friends, sometimes I wish we would live all together, and I could see you much more often. But the precious treat I get back from you by being so scattered around the world, is that my world has no boundaries and no place without a welcoming friend (at least so far!). May you be an old friend meet many years ago, or a new one that just opened his/her door to me. I am so grateful to you all for giving my chance to see the world. And maybe the reason why I live in a tropical island it is because you always wanted to go there! Thanks for the ones that come to visit, and waiting for the ones planning on it! Thanks for the ones flying miles to meet me somewhere else, and thanks for the ones opening the doors of their home to me after I fly for miles (not to menction the airport pick-up that always rocks!) I think I can never say it too much: my heart is filled with gratitude for you all for giving me such an exciting and warm life! I love you all!!!

And just in these days…
Joanna and Paulo: thank you so much for welcoming such a random traveler like me in your home; I had such a blast with you guys!
SnowDave thanks for coming to have dinner with me in San Francisco!

JB, thanks for the sunshine... ;-)
Akiko, you are awesome flying all the way from Japan to come and see us in Oregon!
Maria Jose and Tyson, bring some good food from Spain for this Xmas in Oregon, I miss you guys so much!

Liz, Biniam, Elly... what can I say? Rob, I could not be without you neither! ;-)
Samudra, being your bride maid on your traditional wedding in Sri Lanka was just something unbelievable; I cannot wait for you to arrive in Oregon too!
Dug, how could I ever miss Karin’s Iditarod!?! Looking forward to meet all the Clan again, you guys are so special and made my staying in Alaska memorable!

ok... I won't have time to menction you all... but you know me... LOVE!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbi, thank YOU for finding us. It was great to have you here, however briefly. We hope to see you again somewhere in the bigsmall world. Big hugs, J&P

Anonymous said...

Hi from JB ;-) I miss you!

Unknown said...

see you soon my sis!!! will be there on 25th!!! be ready ;)
daisuki!!