Monday, October 20, 2008

Turned 26 again!

I am alive, I am alive! Thanks for all the emails, I loved all of them as much as I love you all! So, yes, on the 17th of October I turned 26. Again. And again… and again…. And again… I think 26 years old was quite a good age and I do not see why I should get any older. Plus, everybody knows that kids do not age in Neverland!

I have been incredibly busy catching up with friends, homework, moving to the new house (still!!!), dancing… I have not been to Taekwondo for a month now, I feel so guilty! And there are so many things I would like to talk about, but so little time…

I had dinners and lunches with friends almost everyday… Thursday we had a tofa (good-bye) party for one of the nicest guys on island that left on Sunday. He is the one without the black t-shirt (we made matching t-shirts for him, Samoan style). He is going to be SOOOO MISSED!!!!!!!!!! I miss him already! But he is also moving in Hawaii, that is the only place we can fly to when we leave the island... so...

Friday I had a potluck and BBQ at my new house, another official house warming party and birthday celebration. Very nice and relaxing, but I have to admit I miss celebrating with Maria Jose! But I have to say I did get a “super star” cake this year too! Thank you!!

Saturday I decided that it was a good idea to start the new year paddling a 10km race early in the morning. Of course, after the first kilometer I started thinking that it was not really a good idea after all, I could have started the new year with a nice long nap rolling on the bed instead. After 2 kilometers I was thinking, well, since I am here, I may as well paddle. It feels nice to feel your breathing regular after the first spring to get the outrigger going. After 10 kilometers I was not thinking anymore. Maybe I was thinking were I could go to sleep and how thirsty I was. We arrived 3rd or last, depends from the point of views, but I am still satisfied with it.

The afternoon went on with more paddling races, my team (EPA) won a second place on the 250 meter sprint. In the evening all participants stayed at the yacht club for dinner and to receive prices. I received a round-trip to Apia as a present from my lucky star during the raffle… It is good to be back to super star again.. Last 5 years have not been too good; I think my next 5 years are going to be good again… ;)

I learned many things too… But I need to run now!! Love you all!

No comments: