Thursday, October 30, 2008

B&B, Oregon and more tattoos

And life goes on!

This last month has truly been intensive! James Bond’s visit, moving to the new house, the Mosoi outrigger race, my birthday, the Palolo hunt, Peti’s birthdays… the opening of my bed and breakfast!

It is not too easy to find a good roommate and, in order to be able to rent my beautiful house and still make my staying in Samoa profitable, I decided to sub-let a room. It is like having a roommate for short period of time. My target guests are scientists coming on island to do their research… they usually stay in for few weeks or months: not enough to rent a house by their own, and too long to stay in a hotel (without spending a fortune!). And here I come! I already have my first guess, an old caring man; I have to say, I just love to finally have somebody to cook for!

Here some pics of the house… the “eco-lodge”? “il rustico”? I am still looking for a name… suggestions?

(one of the views from the porch)

My favorite place...
My second favorite place...
As for me, last Friday I did something very brave (well, from my point of view at least): I finally went out dancing! I avoided any kind of pubs (just here is AS) for a veryyyy long time; I have been scared of fights and that somebody may hurt me. But last Friday I had a great time at Peti’s birthday and a big crowd convinced me to go out. I call it “the tipping point”: when you are tired, you just want to go to bed and call the day. But you end up going out to the pub, and suddenly discover you have so much energy and do not want to stop dancing. Usually, a part from salsa and merengue, I fell like I love 2-left feet; but the tropical tunes the live-band was playing, and the charm of the guys that were taking me dancing made it a fun and reassuring experience!
(Peti, and this cute guy is my new neighbor! lucky me! ;P)

AH GUYS (the Oregonians)!!!! Forgot to say...

Soon playing:

Superestar visit in Oregon!

--18 December to 4 January--

Special features:

the best Indian food at the Evergreen, R-rated Salsa, snowboarding, rock climbing (indoor, last time I went to Smith Rock in winter I froze my finger and feet!!)…

Also starring:

Maria Jose and Tyson (from Spain)

Akikosan (from Japan)

Samudra and Brian (from Sri Lanka and… Missu..Micchi… I never remember…)

(Who else is flying in? Paty? Ai? Get a ticket!)

Special appearance: James Bond (weather permitting)

Can’t miss it! Get ready!!!

And to finish, few pictures from Tisa’s Tattoo festival last weekend…

Showing off the traditional woman tattoos...
I saw it being done at my friend's wedding. The mom lays flat on the floor, and the daughter dances on her... I am not sure about the meaning...
Lisa, Naomi and myself (just before I discovered my bag was on fire... Mara!!! again! ;) )

Tisa was getting a traditional tattoo, and they had a special ceremony for her. They covered her with oil, then she had to do a siva (a dance)...

No comments: