Monday, June 9, 2008

a weekend in Oregon -part 2-

Two more days in Oregon and it felt like if I never left. Being in Corvallis, surrounded by my old furniture, waking up with Liz and Biniam… everything it is just so sweet… They say I bring the good weather, so after a rich breakfast we went for a walk to Bold Hill. Today I saw my Oregon of green fields, flowers, forests, barns, Mt Hood… it is so rejuvenating! I will let the picture to speak by themselves…

And Indian food for lunch with old friends, those ones finishing their PhD or that just won’t leave… I cannot believe one day I will come here and I won’t know people…

It is only 4 hours time difference with Samoa, but I still needed to nap a bit during the day… soon I will have to add 9 more hours once I get to Italy… not looking forward to that!

Liz and I drove to Portland in the evening, barbecued some buffalo meat with Elly and Trevor, and had some good, overdue, chats…

This morning we (Liz, Elly and I) woke up early to pick up my cousin Mia that landed at PDX at 7:16am, and has a long layover before her next flight back to Europe.

We want to make her staying as pleasurable as possible. Plus, 4 woman unleashed in Portland streets… it did not happened for a while, and it should definitely be something to do on a regular basis.

We went straight down town to have breakfast, followed by a visit to one of the nicest bookstores in the States. “Extreme” shopping (that kind of shops that are outlawed in Samoa), a great hot chocolate and then to a SPA to get a facial, eyebrows, and pedicure… a true woman day! At 3:00pm we took Mia back to the airport, and Liz and I drove back to Corvallis.

I need to pack, get ready… tomorrow I will be flying to Italy too… I wish I could stay here longer, I wish my man could be here…

No comments: