Saturday, June 21, 2008

In the Alps...

Old pictures from the Alps, it will tell you why i love this place sooo much!(on the top of Mt. Stivo)
(we walked along that ridge... it took us all day, and we got wind and snow at every peak! I was so exhausted, but i also really loved it!!!)
(hiking in the Dolomites)
(one day an american kid asked me if i ever saw a castle. I answered "of coruse", thinking that they are everywhere, it is quite impossible to grow up withouot seeing one. The i realized that the middle age was lived very differently in the States... So many things you give for granted when you wake up! No castles and bides in the US!! (what about Australia?)
(hiking in the Dolomites in the winter)
(the pyramids of Segonzano... they are very tall, taller than the trees!)
(Dolomites in the background a small typical village on the left...)
(my brother's village, Bosentino)
(my brother's house, before he restructured it -very old!!!! -centuries- house)
(Tovel's lake. Trentino is the region of the lakes, small alpine lakes everywhere!)
(this is the main square in Trento)
(I miss paragliding a lot! you can do this and so much outside sport here! This is the perfect place for those how love being outside. And much cheaper and sunnier and with more hikes than New Zealand! not to mention the food!!!)
(my friend Vicky taking off)
(my friend Loris, with the background of Garda Lake)

(sunrise from my brother's kitchen)

No comments: