Wednesday, May 28, 2008

hospital and roosters

there is much to be said about the hospital in American Samoa, but i think Paul did an excellent job describing it on his blog! check it out at:
http://tropicalbrowns.blogspot.com/2008/05/behind-hospital-walls.html
and I have to say that it is true, we often go to the hospital during lunch break because there is the best food (at a good price) on island!!!

I also have to offer all my support for the rooster story:
http://tropicalbrowns.blogspot.com/2007/07/little-red-rooster.html
I always had a deep respect for animal life, i even feel bad killing mosquitoes sometimes, but... yes, my secret dream is to kill a rooster (or two)... Lately they have been just unbearable.
I wake up at night every 1-2 hours, turn the radio on (to cover their screams), and "sandwich" my head between two pillows. Sometimes I go down to Lion Park and beg the guys there if i can sleep at their place... just for a night, i just need a full night straight of sleep, fa'mole mole!
I hear roosters even at work. When they start with their "chicchirichi" (in english they say something like "kukkuroduulu", i never got that) (in samoan they say something like "Ba-ba-ba-ba..."), i get goose bumps all over my body, and my nails get stock on my desk... I will kill one soon... I will...
Well, I am sure it is just a bit of stress right now, things will be much better once I come back from Italy, and I will finally able to relax in my smurf blue room with ocean view!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Barbi, The Solid Waste Crew missed you at the EPA training last week. Everyone says "HI". Sounds like all is well in American Samoa. I really enjoy your blog. I hope that you are going to continue writing while on vacation in Italy. Have a safe trip. Later

Dug