Friday, March 14, 2008

Uma Lava Chocolate!!

Chocolate is finished!!! Help!!!

Living in heaven it is nice. The colors, the smells, the noises (not, maybe that not), swearing flip flop everyday…. But suddenly you get to a turning point when this island fells like a small rock, and you just need to get out of here. To me, that point arrived when I finished my last reserve of good chocolate. All adds up to the fact that my grandma oregano from Sicily is also existent, the parmigiano is nearly there, the spek will last for one more serving, there is only a shot of limoncello left, I am dangerously low in polenta and the yogurt has not been shipped in for a while. And then you talk on the phone with your friend Mara and she tells you how Antonio went to Napoli and how he came back with a huge fresh buffalo mozzarella…

If you are Italian, you have been away from home for more many many many years you know exactly what I mean. Also, if you are Italian and you want to send me a present… this may be a hint…

a picture of some of my family in the Alps, for my grandma birthday... she makes the best polenta and the best rabbit... all is good at her house, cooked on her wood stove!!! Love you all!!!

Well, luckily I will be leaving next Thursday for… California!! Oh yes! I haven’t said that yet! I am going to spend the weekend for a friend before continuing my trip north to Alaska. I bet I will be able to find chocolate and yogurt there!

The idea is to keep busy for the next month, between California, Alaska and Oregon. I will be leaving a small rock, but I know that after freezing my butt off at latitude 65 north (Fairbanks is up there!!!!) I will find a glorious tropical blossoming island on my return, my Neverland. And the next flight will bring my cousin Mia with all is needed to refurnish secret room with food to last for the 2008… And next day from my cousin arrival, Pietro, an mysterious Italian guy now working in New Zealand as a chef, will be moving with us for a while and repay for the hospitality by cooking…. This year life has been good to me so far, it was about time!!!!


No comments: