Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Island sickness, the sweet one...

I bought a Banana tree today. I put it in the corner of my room. Then I bought some nice blue material and covered one of my bed room walls. Then I bought a cocunat, but it is still too watery to make some good oil out of it. I like just looking at it. It is not too green here, the Alps is just the perfect place, but wearing wool sucks on top of my samoan flip flop does not always feels right.
My friends here asked me if I miss the island... well... i do!!! The bright colors, my cats, my co-workers, my friends. Tumau! No one to braid my hair in the morning! And Josie! No one sitting next to me!
My connection with the island is still strong, cybernetical (including many religious-oriented e-mails...), spiritual and physical.
This weekend I met in Florence with a good friend I met when I was living there, Mary, and in 1 month I am recieving the visit of one of the most amazing women ever, also met there.
Three years on the Rock, what an amazing experience! I learned a lot (I do not necessarily agree with all of them), including:
1. Take it easy, enjoy the day
2. Aua le popole, things will always solve out by themself
3..... me

Sorry, I just got a call... the wind is good... need to run out in the mountain, flying time!!!
Miss you island life! But digging the mountain one too! :-)!


Baci!!!

1 comment:

Adam said...

You know what would get you even MORE cyberneticlly connected to the island? If you added my blog to your list of blogs you follow!