Friday, June 19, 2009

Bruises

I know I disappeared from the blog scene for a while and my entries are being fewer and fewer. Truth is, it would be a sin to stay home here, and when I am home i am simply physically in need to sleep. Or, if it is raining and i need to be home, chances are that the internet connection won't work.
I have never been covered with so many bruises in my whole life like in the past month.
My knees are black from the rock climbing, my hands are blistered from the Ferrata (I should explain this tipical Alpinian activity better one day), my arms are buised by the paraglider strings (which lay there when you are taking off from the mountain), and two days ago i even got a nice well-defined black eye, while flying from one side to the other of a catamaran after being violenty hit by a wave (I was leaning out weigting the boat down).
All my relatives asked me if I am seing any violent guy while, on public transportation, the kids left me the seat (like I were an old lady!).
Soon after I left the island last febraury I recieved a nice job offer which I postponed because, after 11 years travelling like a gipsy, I truly needed to take care of some things here in Italy. With the end of June, I now start feeling pressure to get everything done soon, if by september I want to be fully funcional in (I will wait a bit longer for the scoop, do not even try to guess!). Given the dimesion of the goals I want to achieve by September, I am truly working about 30 hours a week toward them, buffering any free time with all sort of "mountain-games".
Yesterday I had a great flight (and taking off and landing! ;-)) from the mountain close to my house, I turned a little thermical, and I feel incredibly in peace with myself. A part the fact that I love my wing (which the some other pilot called "matress" because, to be honest, it is in effect a very old stlye... I bought it 11 years ago now!), I also got a nice feeling up there in the sky. I can do it, aua le popole.
The big town party of Trento is coming soon (feste vigiliane)... there will be raft races, old medioeval games, fooooooooooodddddd, tortures, music, a weekend of intense party followed by another week of activities... That makes my think i better go to sleep now to be fresh tomorrow!

Proverbio del giorno (by Ivan --mi ha fatto ridere troppo):
"Siam tutti ricchioni col culo degli altri"

No comments: