Friday, August 22, 2008

I had a dream...

Bed time is definitely not my favorite part of the day. I have a room-mate, but our timing is different and I barely see her, so I am mostly alone when home. This is quite a new experience for me, as I always lived surrounded with people. Sure, this gives me plenty of extra time I never had before for reading, painting, writing... but all this is still nicer when you can do it with somebody next to you.
Anyway, today, after Taekowndo and my untouchable daily dose of mozzarella sticks, I felt a bit artistic, and I painted a dream I had not long ago (my camera is being funny...). It is about being on this island and about traveling long distance, about being guided and finding something precious...

Ah!!! And today, as I was driving to work, I saw a whale! W, I did not really saw a whale, it would be more correct to say that I saw the breath of a whale... it is not really the same thing, but it is still very exciting! We are in the time of the year in which the whale pass by the island during their migration. I hope to see many more in the next days.
Two years ago as I was paddling with some friends a bit away from the island, a young whale jumped right next to us. I think it was one of the most exciting day of my life. I never saw a whale so close, and from such a small, breakable and turnable canoe... I felt very small...


No comments: